The fourth annual SMSF Service Provider Awards have named the most innovative and top performing businesses in the sector as voted by trustees.
Industry research specialist CoreData, in conjunction with , recently hosted the awards ceremony in Sydney, recognising the leading market participants across the SMSF value chain. The best of the best were acknowledged across 15 areas of SMSF products and services.
CoreData principal Andrew Inwood revealed how trustee segments were behaving, starting with the original movers into the SMSF space.
“They’re also known as controllers – they take pleasure in controlling their life, their circumstances and what they’re working on,” Inwood said.
“This group came in early so they’re all in there and only growing as a cohort at about 1.7 per cent a year.
“To get this group to work even better, we need to have the second group move in and they’re coach seekers – those who want to pass the control to somebody else, they want support and they want someone to help them make the decision.”
The 2016 SMSF trustee category winners are:
• Australian shares – CommSec
• International shares – Platinum
• Fixed income – FIIG
• Administrator – SuperConcepts
• Commercial property/non-residential – Colonial First State
• Residential property loans – NAB
• Investment platforms – BT Wrap
• Cash and term deposits – Macquarie
• Insurance – AMP
• Audit function provider – Evolv
• ETFs – iShares
• Listed investment companies – Argo Investments
• Trust deed supplier – Cleardocs
• Infrastructure – Macquarie
• Innovator – DomaCom