The fourth annual SMSF Service Provider Awards have recognised the most reliable, innovative and leading-edge businesses in the industry.
Industry research specialist CoreData, in conjunction with selfmanagedsuper, hosted the awards ceremony in Sydney last Thursday night, recognising the best market participants as determined by SMSF advisers and accountants.
The best of the best were acknowledged across 16 areas of SMSF products and services, with specific infrastructure and innovator categories added this year.
“What’s happening in the SMSF world isn’t a surprise to anyone and the nature of competition amongst everyone here is going to change in the next few years,” CoreData principal Andrew Inwood said on the night.
“The driver of funds into this sector is shifting and changing, so the funds already within the sector will probably be your biggest engine of growth in the next five to seven years.”
Inwood said how businesses competed for SMSFs was now a lot more difficult than what it had been in the past.
“As businesses get better at explaining value [of their products and services] – how much it costs and what does it do – to SMSFs, the better you get at describing value,” he noted.
“And the moment you can describe value, the coach-seeking sector becomes open to you and you start to attract more people.”
The 2016 SMSF adviser category winners are:
• Australian shares – CommSec
• International shares – Magellan
• Fixed income – PIMCO
• Administrator – Heffron
• Commercial property/non-residential – Macquarie
• Residential property loans – Westpac
• Investment platforms – BT Wrap
• Cash and term deposits – Macquarie
• Insurance – TAL
• SMSF accounting software/administration – Class Super
• Audit function provider – Evolv
• ETFs – iShares
• Listed investment companies – Argo Investments
• Trust deed supplier – Topdocs
• Infrastructure – RARE Infrastructure
• Innovator – DomaCom